The Controls/Electrical Engineer is responsible for the direction and focus of the Controls/Electrical Maintenance Team activities. Organize workloads, provide technical support, and manage work quality for responsible areas; to ensure at least a 95% uptime through support of preventive/reactive maintenance, project management, systems control and general engineering.
- Lead the development of a production automation plan for BTD that will help specify and develop hardware and software platforms throughout the distillery. Support production through the implementation and continued support of these systems as we work to develop an expandable control and monitoring system facility wide. Identify and lead cost savings initiatives within the organization
- Our vision for the Controls Engineer is to help/guide us to develop/establish a uniform platform for all our PLC’s, HMI’s, VFD’s and overall controls. This will lead to not only improved productivity as we become apt to address issues more reliability in a quick manner it will also help in both Electrical Safety and operation safety. Support the overall facility safety program through excellence in project management, maintenance, problem identification, and supervision and participate in the Crisis Management Project and become SME on maintenance related items with the CM plan by understanding potential crises and appropriate responses.
- Trains and supervises 3 - 5 Electrical/Instrumentation technicians that support the facilities and electrical/ automation needs. Evaluates employee performance and skill level to determine skill improvement needs and develops improvement plans to address. Creates and develops a personal development plan with Plant Engineer to improve a skill/competency that will develop personal skills and improve performance.
- Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices. Lead the development and on-going updates of SOP's and processes related to MRO inventory and preventive maintenance scheduling.
- Meets and exceeds customer expectations through supervision of Maintenance employees to deliver product on time within budget and to meet quality specifications. Troubleshoots operating problems, evaluates the situation and coordinates resolution.
- Provide leadership to Maintenance employees in a manner consistent with the culture of the company. Ensures employees are treated fairly and with respect. Creates a team environment where all employees are encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding customer expectations. Participates in efforts to address issues identified through climate surveys and make the Company "one of the industry's most desired places to be."
- Ensures all projects and initiatives are implemented in compliance with Regulatory and Environmental guidelines
- Keeps abreast of all technological advancements and establishes/implements a plan to train our technicians and raise the level of technical knowledge within our facility
- Assist in development of a preventative/predictive maintenance program for electrical and controls infrastructure to include, cleaning, back-up, program logging, and thermal scanning. Maintain the documentation system, MP2, for data collection during repairs and PM activities in order to monitor deterioration rates and identify critical failure points.