The Distribution Supervisor directs associates in the safe, efficient and successful operation of an ASRS and distribution center. This position leads and develops warehouse employees in performing a combination of: shipping, receiving, loading and unloading trucks, stacking, picking, packing and palletizing finished products; and responsible for ensuring maximum safety, efficiency, quality, and customer service, all within an environment focused on compliance and continuous improvement.
- Drive continuous improvement in the distribution center through fully leveraging the ASRS operation and through employee engagement. Focus on improving cases per labor hour and cost per case performance. Target improvement across Safety, Quality, Service, and Cost.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of safety procedures & initiatives and ensure safe work environment in the Distribution Center. Facilitate safety audits across departments at BTD. Drive towards zero OSHA recordables.
- Proactively generate and implement best practice processes and procedures to improve the ASRS and distribution operation. Focused effort in improving picking efficiency. Drive improvements across all areas with team engagement and buy in.
- Meet and exceed all internal and external customer expectations. Ensure that the DC staffing levels are appropriate (17-21 direct reports), employees are properly trained, and orders are delivered efficiently and accurately.
- Set clear expectations and maintain accountability through clear communication with the team. Develop others using PDS and CDS systems.
- Assist with the development, documentation and implementation of best practice SOPs.
- Make fiscally responsible decisions and minimize operational costs in order to meet or beat budget goals for a 6M+ case operation. Drive down the cost per case shipped through continuous improvement activities.
- Implement a performance development plan for myself and direct reports that will move people toward improving at least 1 competency per year. Prepare a performance development plan for myself and my direct reports. Prepare an action plan to accomplish the objectives identified in the performance development plan.
- Develop excellent working relationship with the team and union leadership in order to drive for the best business outcomes. Treat all employees with respect and develop high levels of expectations and accountability.