The Visitor Experience Associate - Retail, is a Core Team Member within the Visitor Center at Buffalo Trace Distillery. They will assist management with training initiatives; identifying & executing daily duties; fulfilling staff work attire orders; creating gift sets; fulfilling donation and gift requests. They are an integral part of improvements to the overall visitor experience; model excellent customer service at all times; take the lead on servicing internal and external VIPs.
- Work with direct supervisor to set up a skill development plan and actively work on the plan towards continuous improvement.
- Coordinate with the Visitor Experience Team Leaders & Management on the implementation of assigned tasks for the Retail & Merchandising team. Evaluate priorities and make suggestions for developing new tasks that will increase the efficiency of the Retail & Merchandising team.
- Model world-class customer service at all times to both internal and external customers. Assist management with training opportunities that will increase team morale and overall KPI scores. Model management’s customer service standards to the team and serve as “eyes” and “ears” for management, alerting them to when standards are not being met or additional training is needed. Work closely with VIP (internal/external) guests to develop raving fans.
- Innovative ways to increase per person spend through merchandising and creative upselling in the Gift Shop. Engage visitors and create an environment that is welcoming. Ensure the Gift Shop is tidy and visually appealing.
- Work with management and Safety Department to implement safety training to the Gift Shop team. Evaluate visitor areas for safety concerns and alert management to needed repairs or action items. When called upon, serve as a department representative on the Functional Safety Team.
- Assist management with training and communication to Gift Shop Associates regarding their duties and Distillery updates. Take a leading role in Gift Shop cleanlieness, organization of floor and storage, inventory, and invoice processing. Alert management when inventory requires reordering and assist with eye-catching displays.
- Develop a working knowledge of all tour routes and basic content to assist visitors. Provide Tasting Room support as bar back and offer "Tasting Only" experiences as needed. Coordinate with Tasting Team staff to ensure they have the appropriate supplies, both alcohol and non-alcohol. Maintain accurate inventory of merchandise utilized in the Tasting Room.
- Input all guest comment cards in a timely fashion to allow for as close to real-time input on visitor experiences as possible. Ensure that Happy Birthday cards are sent out each month.