The Laboratory Technician evaluates ingredients and finished products to ensure both meet specifications. Additionally, performs quality audits and provides feedback to frontline team members on quality results and performance. Participates in and leads problem solving activities.
- Ensure activities, processes, and products are compliant with government agencies' regulatory requirements including OSHA, TTB, and EPA.
- Work with internal and external customers by ensuring all quality and food safety systems are followed and properly documented. Help to identify issues with internal or external customer service and work to put corrective actions in place. Serve as a professional and friendly point of contact between vendors and Buffalo Trace Distillery.
- Participate in writing, organizing and updating lab procedures. Follow all work instructions and provide feedback on laboratory specifications. Assist with cleaning and organizing the lab. Provide input for lab design efficiency, ergonomics, and safety.
- Audit and provide feedback on quality checks and procedures being performed by front line members. Provide feedback and support process improvements at the departments level. Participate as a member of the internal quality/food safety audit team.
- Champion formalized problem solving methods. Participate in and lead problem solving activities to standardize and improve processes. Partner with the production areas to identify key quality and food safety improvement areas and help drive process improvements.
- Implement PDS for self-development that will emphasize improvement in at least one competency per year and better performance against position description outcomes.
- Develop a Career Plan that will allow me to achieve career development and/or advancement.
- Support the quality organization and the broader operation in achieving operational excellence through championing problem solving, implementing sustainable processes, and identifying opportunities for operational improvements.
- Develop and maintain solid professional working relationships both inside and outside the company. Set a positive example and act in a manner consistent with company values.